Monday, November 28, 2011

Vegetarians are People Too!!!

It has never crossed my mind to be a vegetarian. I am not a huge meat eater, I am one of those people that can take it or leave it and honestly I'd be happy enough with a vegetable plate every night as long as it included some southern not so healthy cooked vegetables! I try to cook healthy, but being born and raised in the south, I can't live without an occasional fried green tomato or fried okra! Yum!

Being a vegetarian is a decision people take seriously though! My oldest daughter decided about 6 months or so ago to become a vegetarian and has stuck with it! Most people in the family thought she would have switched back to meat by now, but she hasn't! I'm proud of her for sticking up for what she believes in! All I have to say is, "WOW! People can be SO mean!" I mean people actually make fun of her for not wanting to eat meat! Some people even try to force her to eat meat! Really!? I don't understand! I know I have raised a very headstrong almost woman and when she puts her mind to something, she's not going to change it! People leave her alone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment