Friday, August 24, 2012

Restaurant Type Menu at Home

Going through my recipes and finding new ones, I had a brainstorm! Wouldn't it be awesome to have a restaurant type menu (think of what they hand you when they seat you at Cracker Barrel! that large brown fold out menu) at home! No way am I saying I would EVER sit my family down and hand them a menu and give them choices! If you know me, you know I cook a meal and expect anyone in the house at the time, family or friend to try it!
Put the family name on the front and all of the salads under salad, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, etc. with a little description like restaurants do! I LOVE to try new recipes, some make it as a family favorite, others DON'T! The menu could be updated once a year or so though! I can't wait to get my cookbook complete (yes, I know it will NEVER be complete) but as complete as possible so I can make us a menu! I am so excited about this! I will have to post updates (hopefully soon!)
Why do we need a menu you ask? Well, I think it would help with the kids and hubby helping with monthly meal planning! Plus, wouldn't it just be cute??? (and something of mine my kids can tell their kids about!)

1 comment: