Monday, August 27, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

We have been busy the past day or so preparing for Hurricane Isaac. It's not even a hurricane yet and has now turned, thank goodness! Schools have been cancelled for today, tomorrow and Wednesday here. I took in three kids for the storm because they live with their grandparents and the grandparents were so nervous, they didn't know what to do, so I have six kids in my house (two are teenagers) with nothing to do for three days! That's ok though. I love kids, but believe I will be stressed to the max by Thursday! lol

Once hurricanes hit the gulf waters, they are truly unpredictable so who really knows whats going to happen. We are prepared for the worst and praying for the best, but the predictions at this time are way to the west of us!

I have a STACK of food that I really could not afford that are still sitting in the bags ready to be returned to Winn Dixie if the storm doesn't get us! That may be wrong, but I couldn't have all of these kids here with no food!

I am going to do some Hurricane baking today though just in case. I am making blueberry muffins, chocolate, chocolate muffins, brownies and peanut butter cookies. I know that sounds like a ton of junk food, but if we loose power for days, what else are we supposed to eat? I have fruit and chips as well as sandwich meat and bread too. I am using up the rest of the meat we have in the freezer for a huge pot of spaghetti tonight. If we wake up in the morning and it is starting to get bad, I have a huge can of boiled peanuts to throw in the Crockpot. If not, at $7 a can, that is SO going back to the store!

It is beautiful outside right now! The sun is shining and the breeze is WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment